Monday, February 8, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #1


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!


It has been such an eventful last 4-5 days around here! Last week was shorted because mother nature felt it was a great time to drop some tornadoes on us! We showed her though - lots of damage but no injuries or fatalities.. Points for us!

Now it is on to school things with the kids! Got Liam's Valentines done for his class and now moving onto Jacelyn's Valentines! We picked such cute ones for her class this year! I will post a picture when we have them done.. I am also working on getting some things redone around the house! I am working on getting all of our pictures put onto canvas type things. I am doing some collages and some singles but I think they look much better that way!

January was a good month for books around here. I did not get to every single one I wanted to, but I am aiming to get to ALL the books I have planned for February, as well as throwing in some just because ones - since I always read books that are never on the schedule lol. Now, onto the fun stuff!










A Friendly Flirtation by Christine Warner
Life on the Level by Zoraida Cordova

I am hosting a St. Patrick's Day Giveaway Blog Hop!
I would love it if all of you amazing blogs signed up to do this with me!
❤ It's going to be a blast - so you should def sign up! 
You can find the sign up page & all information - HERE :)

I also have a 100 Twitter Follwers! Giveaway going on!
You can enter that - HERE :)


Did you do a It's Monday! Post? Don't forget to leave your link!
Didn't do a post? That's okay - I'd love to hear your reads as well!
Discuss with me in the comments! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

20 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about plans for reading changing. It seems like every week there is at least one book that is a surprise arrival. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never fails.. I got a new one today that is not on my list - but I plan to read it this week because I am so excited about it! Thanks for stopping in :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, tornadoes! We get snow blizzards but I've never experienced a tornado. Yeah, volunteering and helping with school stuff keeps us busy. I was making a platter for teacher appreciation this week.

    Enjoy your reading week!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a mess around here! I've been through hurricanes before, but these kind of storms still scare the mess out of me!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your book this week! That is a new one to me.

    We're working on my daughters valentines this week, too. It's her first time having to do valentines (preschool), and she's so excited about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a new one to me too, but it sounded very interesting so I wanted to give it a shot! I hope she has a blast making her Valentines!

      Delete
  4. Tornadoes are scary! Being from the north, I'm used to blizzards and snowstorms, but not sure I'd be able to get used to that. Enjoy your books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hectic week, but it sounds like you got a lot accomplished! Rumor Has It looks really interesting and anticipate your review. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazingly I was able to get a lot done! So glad things are calming down now! Thanks for stopping in :)

      Delete
  6. I'm glad everyone is safe!

    I have to get valentines for my son's class today. I swear, those classes get bigger every year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! In my sons class there is 12 ppl -- 11 if you don't count having to make one for him.. In my daughters class there is 20.. not counting her or the teacher!

      Delete
  7. Oh my sounds like a project getting those Valentines done. House projects sound good, so satisfying. My next plan is to get a bookcase build and a window seat maybe. Plans! Enjoy your reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year she picked cute little print off tic tac toe boards and she is going to put conversation hearts in each bag as the little pieces to play the game with! I thought it was super cute!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to read you and your loved ones are safe. And oh boy did you remind me that I need to get my girls working on their Valentines as it's technically Sunday and I don't know what the heck is going on in their classes for it. Oh shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know until I emailed her teacher! I was like - it's almost here and she needs to pick something!

      Delete
  9. Welcome to this wonderful meme, I am on my 9th one and loving it!Your books look good,I hope they were as good as they look-LOL. I am making Valentine goodie bags for my co-workers (they have no idea-lol). And I am signed up!! Have a great week and Happy Valentine's Day!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love photos on canvas! So pretty. We went to Hawaii and got several of our shots printed on canvas. They look fantastic. Some good reads for you this week too! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I thought our 85 mile an hour gales were bad but that's nothing compared to tornadoes, glad everyone made it through safely.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, tornadoes! We're dealing with a snowstorm here. Glad everyone came through safely. Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete